Monday, May 4, 2020

I Regret Not Scoring My First Goal On My First Match Day For Man United – Ighalo

Odion Ighalo said he regretted not taking his chance to score for Manchester United on his debut.

The Nigerian forward completed a shock move to United on deadline day of the January transfer window and was included in their next matchday squad two weeks later.

Following the inaugural Premier League winter break this year United travelled down to Chelsea for a crucial encounter at Stamford Bridge, taking the lead through Anthony Martial before Harry Maguire headed in a second goal after half-time to give them a two goal lead.

Ighalo was brought on for his debut in stoppage time of the match and almost made an immediate impact when he got the ball through on goal.

The 30-year-old thought he was about to net his dream debut goal but wasted a glorious opportunity when Chelsea keeper Willy Caballero denied him with an outstretched foot.

Despite failing to score on his debut, Ighalo has still managed an impressive return of four goals in eight appearances this season, but he admits he still rues the wasted chance on his debut.

“I was not that angry but I was thinking all through in the bus on the way to the airport that this would have been great scoring against a big team like Chelsea in my debut game for Manchester United,” Ighalo told Nana Aba Anamoah via Instagram Live.”I didn’t like that get into me too much because there are more games to play, I thought about it a bit and look forward.”

No comments:

Gunmen kill father, abduct son in Katsina

  Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers killed one Alhaji Muntari Mai Yadi and abducted his son, Usman in Yankara town, Faskari Local Government...